shell prompt cannot appear after "Freeing unused kernel memory:..."

michael dony.he at huawei.com.cn
Sun Mar 18 16:50:13 EST 2001

Hello:
    I use ppcboot and can boot kernel with NFS filesystems on my custom
board now. But problem occurs ...
   When it shows the following:
####################################
        "VFS:Mounted root(nfs filesystem)".
        Freeing unused kernel memory:44k init

At this moment I should have seen "sash#" ,but  nothing happens . I cannot
see anything.

I remember that there is a patch for this when I boot kernel on my 860 based
custom board last year(linux-2.2.13+860).
I don't know if this can work for my 8260 based custom board
now(linux-2.4.1+8260).
Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

michael