How to get COFF-format code

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Fri Mar 9 23:21:30 EST 2001

objcopy should be able to do this (it does everything else!), just
specify that the output format be coff (ecoff?).  I have not actually
done this, so I'll leave it as an exercise to determine the proper set
of flags.

objdump -i      # list known target formats
objcopy -h      # help: last line shows supported target formats

If *coff* is listed, you are in luck.  If not, it will be some more
work (I'm sure that was an understatement :-).

My reference linux system is x86 and doesn't support coff.  Your
mileage may vary.

gvb