EST SBC8260 and Canary CTX-1170

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Mar 9 14:07:34 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 07:36:05PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:

> Oliver Brown wrote:
>
> > I can't generate any traffic on the fast ethernet port.
>
> The CTX-1170 worked at one time on the EST board.  Unfortunately,
> I had to make little changes for just about every different 8260
> board I have seen.  Further, my EST boards have all failed in some
> way or another so I can't even test this anymore.
>
> Even when it "worked", I had trouble with some 10/100 switches.

I've noticed this as well.  In my case, the problem was
because the PHY was advertising and connecting full-duplex
and the CPM was doing half-duplex -- yet another problem due
to inadequate PHY communication.

Also, there is a problem with the 8260 CPM generating spurious
TX underrun errors and late collisions -- the driver does things
according to the spec, but there is an errata about this problem.
I'm about halfway through a fix for this.  The problem only
seems to occur on 10 Mbit hubs.

dave...