MVME5100 was RE:Bogus interrupt + little Makefile bug

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 2 14:43:30 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 08:17:48AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:

> [Followups trimmed to only the embedded list]
>
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 10:55:33AM +0100, Stefano Coluccini wrote:
> > > Ok, I finally got time today to powerup the 5100 that's been laying
> > > around here.  I just pushed the port to the linuxppc_2_5 tree.
> > > Hopefully this saves some effort for others.
> >
> > Very great work !!!
> >
> > I have found a little bug in arch/ppc/boot/pp3/Makefile:
> > the rule to make zImage.initrd miss the -pbp option in the mkprep
> > invocation.
>
> Ah, thanks.  A typo from the great bootloader reorganization, it seems.

Quite probably.  If people in the know (Matt.. :) could check the other
prep-ish board-dirs to make sure mkprep is invoked properly..

> > I've seen that in the make menuconfig, selecting the MVME5100, does not
> > display the possibility to specify the default kernel command line. Don't
> > you think this is an useful option ?
>
> Oversight.  I just turned it on for a bunch of boards.

...and will "soon" be always an option.  I think it's only useless right now
on CHRP/PMAC stand alone kernels.  I of course need to check this out before I
turn it on, and can probably make them use it too..

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/