Serial Port problem with 823e on Embedded Planet

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 28 04:53:03 EST 2001

Dear Michael,

in message <E1836A7F3557D311A14000805F9F36FCD4E385 at usdfo011.usac.danfoss.net> you wrote:

> > You could switch to use SCC's instead. We have a modified driver that
> > supports full HW handshake on all SCC's (and you  can  configure  the
> > number and size of I/O buffers to optimize for throughput).
> >
> 	[Pergola, Michael]  Is that  the patch commproc.c.patch.gz dated
> 	07/20/2000?

No, this was added only lately. I did not prepare a  patch  for  this
yet. See the source tree at
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/linux-2.4.4-2001-05-12.tar.bz2 ,
plus the patch at
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-embedded/200106/msg00220.html

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Yes, it's a technical challenge, and  you  have  to  kind  of  admire
people  who go to the lengths of actually implementing it, but at the
same time you wonder about their IQ...
         --  Linus Torvalds in <5phda5$ml6$1 at palladium.transmeta.com>