link error when compiling linux 2.4.5 on powerpc g3

Charles Feng Charles.Feng at raidtec.ie
Tue Jun 26 02:54:53 EST 2001

dear list,
	I tried to compile linux 2.4.5 on powerpc g3 system running
linux ppc 2000. I had my own customized ramdisk device driver which
calls several zlib functions like inflateInit, inflate etc. An error
occured when linking object files. The error message is:

drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2abc): undefined reference to
`inflateInit_'
drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2abc): relocation truncated to fit:
R_PPC_REL24 inflateInit_
drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2ad0): undefined reference to `inflate'
drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2ad0): relocation truncated to fit:
R_PPC_REL24 inflate
drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2b00): undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2b00): relocation truncated to fit:
R_PPC_REL24 inflateEnd
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

	Does anybody have a clue what's wrong there? I definitely have
the missing functions compiled in. Thanks in acvance.

Charles