SSSSlllloooowwww MPC8240

Andrew Johnson anj at aps.anl.gov
Tue Jul 10 09:57:33 EST 2001

Can anybody suggest why I'm seeing the following:

Under Hard Hat Linux 2.0 (2.4.2 kernel) on my MVME2100 board (MPC8240 CPU
running at 200MHz), Linux startup reports a BogoMIPS rating of 9.59.  I've
just built and run the exact same calibration code under vxWorks, and here
I get a rating of 133.73 BogoMIPS, which seems much more likely to be
correct.  Linux does seem rather sluggish at running things, so I don't
think it's problem with the calibration.  Any ideas what could be going on
behind the scenes to slow Linux down, and how I might track it down?

I wonder whether it's related to that openpic interrupt stuff in the other
thread...

TIA,

- Andrew
--
The world is such a cheerful place when viewed from upside-down
It makes a rise of every fall, a smile of every frown