Current state of the 2_4_devel tree

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Tue Jul 3 13:35:26 EST 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 05:34:44AM -0400, Justin (Gus) Hurwitz wrote:

> Cautiously pessemistic, I then did a make config; make clean; make dep;
> make zImage.initrd. The compile wen smoothly until near the end- there
> were problems in arch/ppc/mm, compiling init.c. The errors are below.
>
> I didn't touch either init.c, or mmu_decl.h, so I would assume that there
> should be no errors, unless the current stae of the source tree is
> uncompilable :)

<snip>

I saw some similar dependency problems after arch/ppc/mm/init.c split.
'make mrproper' should clear things up for you.  If you not familiar
with it, be sure to preserve your .config because it will be removed.

I'm able to build all my board ports after cleaning up the
stale dependencies this way.

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.