*.ppc.rpm

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Mon Jul 2 23:03:54 EST 2001

Hi,

This is not really a linuxppc-specific question...

How to unpack a rpm:

1. Make a new directory and enter it.
2. Try "rpm2cpio /path/to/the/rpm/rpm-file.foo.rpm | cpio -i " to unpack
the rpm.
3. If the rpm complains about missing directories, use "install -d" to
create the path.

Try "man rpm2cpio", "man rpm" and "man cpio" for more help!

And no, you do not need any complete cross environment to do that. =)

good luck /

Magnus