Initial stack frame

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 31 01:46:29 EST 2001

In message <4.3.2.20010130074919.00bb0a80 at falcon.si.com>
Jerry Van Baren wrote:

> One of the differences between the ABI and EABI is that the EABI
> requires 8 byte alignment of the stack and the ABI requires 16 byte
> alignment (EABI, p.28).

Yes, ok. But what is implemented by GCC and glibc? The SVR4 ABI or
the EABI?

In other words: Wolfgang Grandegger wants to know if  we  must  align
"private" stack frames on 8 or 16 byte boundaries...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Visit us at Embedded Systems: Feb 14-16 2001, Nuremberg, Halle 12/K01
(with TQ Components); our presentation "Starke Zwerge: Embedded Linux
auf PowerPC-Systemen" on Thursday, Feb 15 2001, 13:30 Forum Halle 11.