860T FEC

Timothy Ritchey tritchey at vacuumgenesis.com
Tue Jan 30 10:11:36 EST 2001

Has anyone had any luck with the 860T FEC driver in the 2.4 kernel (I am
using the 01/13/01 snapshot from FSMLabs). It is certainly not working
out-of-the-box as it were. For example, it tries calling mii_queue with
read operations that require the MII interrupt before interrupts have
even been enabled. There is code that needs to be run in the
fec_restart() function (such as the interrupt enable, and just enabling
the ethernet device) but it is never called. I cannot see how this code
was ever working properly. Is anyone running it that can refute this? I
have made some changes that seem to get it halfway there, but am not
getting any transmit interrupts yet (I am getting receive and mii
interrupts).

Cheers,
tim