Ethernet controller

Wang Chao Feng chfwang at sina.com.cn
Sat Jan 20 14:26:11 EST 2001

I don't think RTL8139 is a good choice because it's bad performance and it's hard to use.
In rtl8139, the data must copy from chip's fifo to your sk_buf.
In the driver of rtl8139 for linux, can can find the driver reset the chip in transmit function,
because of the bug of this chip.
When I flood ping the rtl8139 from a linux host, I find I must reset the chip every several minutes.

regards
wang