Ethernet controller

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Fri Jan 19 07:31:58 EST 2001

Gregory Allen wrote:

> I prefer to avoid the BGA package of the i82559, but the RTL8139 driver support is listed as having "limited PowerPC testing". I am also curious about their relative performance.

All I have ever used in my 8240/Sandpoint is the RTL8139 PCI card.
I made a couple of minor changes for byte swapping problems and sent
it to the author a long time ago.

I can't speak to the performance, as I didn't really do any performance
testing, but it seemed OK.  It's a PCI master device in what has become
a generic Ethernet world, so it should work as well as anything else.

	-- Dan