Hello World and 405GP with my gcc cross compiling.

Grant Erickson erick205 at umn.edu
Thu Jan 18 09:41:39 EST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Hua Ji wrote:
> My current position is:
>
> I have no problem for creating the object file, say, HelloWorld.o by
> using my gcc for powerpc-elf under a solaris.
>
> And then I moved the object file from solaris to a PC and used the IBM
> High c/C++ linker to link my Helloworld.o with the sample "usr_samp"
> codes provided by IBM 405GP reference kit. It works fine after being
> loaded with the tftp... In other words, it is running on my 405GP
> reference board and print out my inserted "hello world..."!

I never had much luck linking GCC generated objects with IBM's High C/C++
linker and libraries.

I think your effort would be better invested if you grabbed the Hard Hard
Linux kernel for the 405GP from MontaVista and set-up an associated NFS
root disk and attempted your development from there.

If you follow the instructions at:

	http://www.borg.umn.edu/~grant/Linux/cross.html

The applications you create will run with Monta Vista's kernel and NFS
root file system.

--
 Grant Erickson                       University of Minnesota Alumni
  o mail:erick205 at umn.edu                                 1996 BSEE