driver memory management

Dan Winkler dwinkler at virtual-ink.com
Sun Jan 7 03:24:57 EST 2001

I am having some difficulties allocating memory larger than the memory
available in cpm_host_alloc, cpm_host_alloc seems to use part of a
predesignated 4K buffer of memory.  I need more memory than this, and am
trying to use the calls

pBuff = kmalloc(TRANSMIT_SIZE, GFP_KERNEL|GFP_DMA);

the only problem with this is when I go to copy data to this location it
fails i.e.

memcpy(__va(pBuff), pSrc, size)

Any Suggestions as to what might be going on.  From my undertaning this
should return a contiguous block of memory.

-Dan Winkler