Linux boot fails after MMU (MPC8260)

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Jan 5 13:36:44 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:24:15PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:

> For now, the only working version of Linux on the 8260 is from
> the MontaVista web site.  It is a -test2 version.

Don't be so pessimistic... =)  I've been running the bitkeeper
kernel on an 8260 for several months now, synchronizing every
few weeks.  Works fine, except for the occasional bug hunt.

> If you have
> access to the FSM Labs BitKeeper sources, I will be updating these
> for the 8260 before the end of the week.

I have an ever-increasing patch that I should probably clean
up and send to you, but I keep putting it off.  Even in its
current hackish form, it should be useful for bug hunting.
Let me know.

dave...