Kernel Make files - a stupid question...

John Dowd jdowd at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 25 06:36:23 EST 2001

I'm using Bitkeeper to manage a repository for my kernel source code. I'm
using the HardHat version of the kernel 2.4.x.

Since its been put under the bitkeeper manager each directory under the
repository has a directory called SCCS and the top one has a directory called
"Bitkeeper".

When I go to build the kernel, the make file walks into the SCCS directories
and tries to build the files there and I get all sorts of errors and warnings.

I had thought that gnu - Make knew about both RCS and SCCS repositories and
unless told otherwise, ignored them?

Does anyone have a solution for this?

								Cheers!!
    "To Err is human, to forgive is not company policy!"
                                                          John Dowd
                                                          jdowd at sympatico.ca