Booting Sandpoint 8240??

tsombakos, mark tsombakos_mark at emc.com
Fri Feb 23 05:26:06 EST 2001

  Well, I got the thing to boot, though now I don't quite understand it.
  I ended up changing the address used in zsrec and the "go" address
  to "0x90000" instead of "0x900000".  I saw the memory map in the
  DINK32 manual that the "Start of user memory" is at 0x90000.  I figured
  it was a typo in the HHL CDK manual. So, life was good.  Until
  I realized the bootloader relocates to 0x80000. Now I'm confused again.

DINK32_MAX >>go 90000
loaded at:     00090000 000A4E20
relocated to:  00800000 00814E20
zimage at:     0009B000 0011B486
relocated to:  00815000 00895486

avail ram:     00400000 00800000

Since "avail ram" is 400000-800000, should I run srec -s (something <
800000)?
I know I read that it should be higher than the relocated image ...

Do these numbers just depend on the amount of ram present??

  confused,

  Mark