linux for FADS850?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 9 19:46:07 EST 2001

Dear Dai,

in message <3A835346.E3E9F292 at hanwang.com.cn> you wrote:

>   i got a FADS850 board,tried to get linux running on it.
>   i found a lot linux claimed supporting ppc,however,no one has a option for
> FADS850.
>  is there a linux version working on FADS850?if it exists,where is it?
>   and could you give some advice?

I think MontaVista has an old version  of  a  2.4  kernel  with  FADS
support on their FTP server in /pub/Area51.

Some people were able to get it running, so give it a try -  I  don't
have any personal experience since we don't use FADS boards.

However, full FADS support is available in PPCBoot, our  Open  Source
firmware for embedded PowerPC systems.

Hope this helps,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Visit us at Embedded Systems: Feb 14-16 2001, Nuremberg, Halle 12/K01
(with TQ Components); our presentation "Starke Zwerge: Embedded Linux
auf PowerPC-Systemen" on Thursday, Feb 15 2001, 13:30 Forum Halle 11.