which errno should I use

Ron Bianco ronb at junction.net
Thu Feb 1 10:45:20 EST 2001

Hi Ian,

In your driver's read() fileop implementation, assuming you're using a non-blocking
technique, if the count parameter is not 1024 just return 0 for num byes written to
user's buffer.  The error codes are actually used as -EINVAL for example, any
positive return value or 0 indicates the bytes actually processed.   Also if you're
intending the user program to select() your device then you need to implement the
poll() fileop.

I just finished writing a non-blocking char device driver, so can offer some tips if
need be.

Cheers, Ron

Ron Bianco
Computer Systems Technologist