Recommendations for LXT971A PHY MII interrupt connection

Keith Outwater Keith_Outwater at mvis.com
Sat Dec 22 03:45:00 EST 2001

Greetings all -

I'm a hardware designer seeking to provide support on a custom MPC860T based
design for linux.
Does anyone have specific recommendations as to the best way to connect an
Ethernet PHY's MII
management I/F interrupt to the processor?  I'm using an Intel LXT971A PHY.

For example, are the general purpose external interrupts on IRQ[0:6] or the
CPM interrupts on port C preferred?
Is there a specific pin or interrupt that is preferred?

Thanks!

PS: (this is a bit off topic linux-wise, but related:  Wolfgang, what's the
preferred method as far a ppcboot is concerned?)

Keith Outwater
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Microvision, Inc.