Compile Penguin PPC for x386?

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Thu Dec 20 21:57:16 EST 2001

In linux.ppc.embedded, Matt Porter wrote:

> No, the PPC MM changes in 2_4_devel rely on changes to the generic
> MM API that aren't yet in the kernel.org release.  You could modify
> the appropriate files in arch/i386/mm/ and include/asm-i386/ to match
> if you like.

Matt, do you know the origin of those changes? Are they an invention of the
linuxppc people, or part of the 2.5 tree? I'm asking because I'm afraid that
these changes might not make it into kernel.org release for a LONG time...

--
Marius Groeger        SYSGO Real-Time Solutions GmbH    www.sysgo.de
Software Engineering  Embedded and Real-Time Software   www.osek.de