MPC8xx INIT_TASK_SIZE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 20 19:06:17 EST 2001

Dear Jacob,

in message <sc21a5bd.052 at mail.pel.dk> you wrote:

> Why is it not possibly to increase INIT_TASK_SIZE in schred.c and there by increase the kernel stack size?

In schred.c? Do you mean include/linux/sched.h instead by any chance?
Because that's the only place where INIT_TASK_SIZE is actually used.

Why do you think you can't increase it?

> Im running a heavy loaded RTLinux subsystem and the hole system (2.4.4 from Denx) go's down when I start a big program in Linux user-space.

Um... you don;t want run RTL on a 8xx system; there are a  couple  of
bugs  which  have never been fixed - and we (DENX) will not spend any
further efforts on RTL.

Use RTAI instead, which will continue to  be  supported  on  8xx  and
other PPC systems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I paid too much for it, but its worth it.