MMU and BDI2000

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolf.ladyzhenskii at act-aus.net
Mon Dec 17 09:14:07 EST 2001

Hi,

I had same problem and used Dan's suggestion to get it working. Here is an
extract from his e-mail:

Add this right after the 'bl load_up_mmu':

        /* Add helper information for the Abatron bdiGDB debugger.
         * We do this here because we know the mmu is disabled, and
         * will be enabled for real in just a few instructions.
         */
        lis     r5, abatron_pteptrs at h
        ori     r5, r5, abatron_pteptrs at l
        stw     r5, 0xf0(r0)    /* This much match your Abatron config */
        lis     r6, swapper_pg_dir at h
        ori     r6, r6, swapper_pg_dir at l
        tophys(r5, r5)
        stw     r6, 0(r5)

You also have to define abatron_pteptrs as global.
This works fine on the 8260 with 2.4.4 kernel.

Rudolf