MMU and BDI2000

Goddeeris Frederic Frederic.Goddeeris at siemens.atea.be
Thu Dec 13 18:48:20 EST 2001

Hi Dan,

I am not sure I fully understand what you mean.

I have a BDI with MMU translation working. I patched the head_8xx.h of a
MontaVista 2.4.2 kernel
	lis			r5,	abatron_pteptrs at h
	ori			r5, r5, abatron_pteptrs at l
	stw			r5, 0xf0(r0)
	lis			r6, swapper_pg_dir at h
	ori			r6, r6, swapper_pg_dir at l
	tophys	(r5,r5)
	stw			r6, 0(r5)
and
_GLOBAL(set_context)
	lis	r5, KERNELBASE at h
	lwz	r5, 0xf0(r5)
	stw	r4, 0x4(r5)

The BDM sw is b20ppcgd.109

Yesterday evening I installed the later version b20ppcgd.110. After reading
your mail, I tested debugging again and yes it looks like MMU translation no
longer works correctly.

So, this newer version of BDM sw, uses another mechanism? I do not see any
of this mentioned in the newer version of the manual?!? In order to have it
working with this new version, is it just another patch for head_8xx.h or is
it more complex?

Thanks,
Frederic