Linux not outputting to serial console on sbc8260

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 8 10:02:49 EST 2001

In message <3C10EDEC.630AE7DD at seranoa.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to get Linux up on an sbc8260.  I'm working with Linux-2.4.16
> and PPCBoot-1.1.0.  I'm booting from the flash simm on the sbc8260 and
> I'm using the 33mhz oscillator.

Check the definition of the bd_info structure in the est8260.h  Linux
kernel header file; it must match the definition defined and exported
by PPCBoot.

You can simply replace the whole file by this:

----- cut here -----
/*
 * Board information for the EST8260.
 */

#define IMAP_ADDR ((uint)0xf0000000)

#include <asm/ppcboot.h>
----- cut here -----

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
                                                 -- Bjarne Stroustrup