More walnut boottime "fun" and BDI2000

Phil ibm405.linux at laposte.net
Thu Dec 6 00:28:51 EST 2001

Frank Rowand a écrit :

> Phil wrote:
> >
> > I resync the kernel sources today at 7:15 am GMT.
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > Tom Rini a écrit :

> > > What date?  This isn't a problem anymore, at least on a few walnuts I've
> > > gotten people to test.
>
> Rev 1.731 of linuxppc_2_4_devel(mid-day California time yesterday) boots
> fine on my walnut.
>
> HHL2.0 toolchain and ibm OpenBios.
>
> I used an almost default configuration (I was working on a KGDB
> problem so I enabled KGDB):
>
>    make walnut_config
>    make menconfig
>         select KGDB
>         select CONFIG_MORE_COMPILE_OPTIONS
>    make dep
>    make zImage
>
> (I needed to fix config.in to allow CONFIG_MORE_COMPILE_OPTIONS - see
> the patch I posted yesterday.)
>
> You shouldn't have to enable KGDB.
>
> Do you have KGDB enabled by mistake?  If you do, it will sit at the
> "Now booting the kernel" console message until KGDB connects to the
> target.

Thanks Frank
You're right. It works fine with
    make walnut_config
    make menconfig
    make dep
    make zImage
and the ibm openbios
but i want to use my BDi 2000  Abatron debugger to debug the kernel.
So, i select the following options :
         select CONFIG_BDI_SWITCH
         select CONFIG_MORE_COMPILE_OPTIONS
I download the kernel with the debugger(latest 1.07 firmware). It works
fine (i can put for
example a breakpoint in start_kernel or in do_init_bootmem, it stops at
the right address)
If i continue, nothing happened, the 405GP seems locked in the __udelay
routines.
Is it a debugger config file pb ?
Any idea ? Thanks

-Phil.