Printing out message to a console in MBX860??

Okehee Goh ogoh at asu.edu
Sat Dec 1 05:35:57 EST 2001

 I'm so sorry to post this unrelated message.
Hello,
I want to print out some message to console monitor for a debugging from the
application loaded
 at MBX860 through EPPC-Bug.This machine doesn't have any OS and my
application is a kernel.

The port status is the following.

EPPC-Bug>pf
Current Port Assignments:  (LUN: Device-Name Port-Name)

00: FDC37C672-COM     COM1              (Console)

01: MPC8XX-SMC        SMC2

02: MEMORY            CHNL0

According to MBX manual, SMC1 is used as console port.

If it's true, COM1 is using SMC1?

So, I thought I must use SMC'1 UART to print out to a console. Is it
correct?

I tested the application using SMC1' s UART

 by applying a SMC's UART application note provided by Motorola's
website(MPC860COD17).

But It doesn't seem to work. I can't see anything from a console after
executing this test application.

The following is what I did to run this application using SMC1' UART.

EPPC-Bug>LO 0; X=cat smc1.s3

EPPC-Bug>GO

Effective address: 00080004

I attached the source code.