PPC embedded plans ?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 22 01:19:29 EST 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:52:40AM +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:

> Checking out the sources I think I  can notice that there is a strong
> push towards some kind of "one file" machine definition.

Sort of.  To do a new board port in 2.4.9 (in linuxppc_2_4_devel), you
only need to edit arch/ppc/kernel/Makefile, arch/ppc/boot/Makefile and
possibly include/asm-ppc/serial.h.  And arch/ppc/config.in too, of course.
No more new _MACH_xxx's, there's now ppc_md.setup_io_mappings (or so),
to do what used to be done in MMU_init and case'ing of the _MACH.

2_4_devel, http://penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml

> Any written policy on the setup of the machine dependant stuff ?

Nope.  Follow the examples.

If you submit them.  Here, linuxppc-dev and linuxppc-commit at source.mvista.com
are all good places to try.  The -dev list more so.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/