init fails w/ new build of gcc & glibc

Dr. Craig Hollabaugh craig at hollabaugh.com
Sat Aug 18 08:07:45 EST 2001

At 02:47 PM 8/17/2001 -0600, Mark Pilon wrote:
>running w/ the hhl 1.2 libraries the whole system runs fine;
>
>supplying all of the libraries built under the new glibc causes the
>following when init is spawned:

Did you set the prefix to / on the glibc configure line then do a make

install_root=/somelibdirectoryforyournewrootfs

you can do this or...

in your new root filesystem something like this in your /usr/powerpc-linux/lib

ln -s ../../lib lib

the glibs have absolute path info in them, so either reconfigure and recompile for
your rootfs using prefix=/ (make sure you use install_root when you make install) or
make a link.

Hope this helps.

Craig
ps. I'm going down this very road, let's talk.

Dr. Craig Hollabaugh                           craig at hollabaugh.com
304 6th Avenue, P.O. Box 1405
Ouray, CO 81427-1405                       See my "kitchen sink" resume at
970 325 0319 home                                  www.hollabaugh.com/resume.html
970 325 0509 office
215 882 1880 cell