Non-cacheable memory

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Sat Aug 11 13:47:40 EST 2001

Peter Desnoyers wrote:

> ..... It returns a virtual address plus a DMA
> address in an arg ptr - throw away the DMA address, as that's
> PCI-specific, and run the virtual address through virt_to_phys().

Ummm...damn, that's a tricky one.  On 8xx, the intention is to use
the DMA address for stuffing into the CPM.  The virt_to_* functions
are on their way out (on all platforms), and everyone should use the
DMA address returned by the consistent_alloc function.  I guess if you
have a 8xx/PCI that doesn't map PCI masters to system memory at zero,
you are kind of hosed at the moment........

	-- Dan