Hanging in Init

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 2 04:37:57 EST 2001

In message <000101c11ab4$0fc48f60$6865a8c0 at airfiber.com> you wrote:

> I have been trying to get a custom PPC860 board up using MonteVista's Hard
> Hat
> 2.0 distribution using a vxWorks bootrom.  I have made alot of progress in
> the last
> few days but have got stuck at the point here init is executed.  The IMMR is
> set
> to 0x02200000.  I ran across some old posts on the list referring to this
> being set
> too low for linux.  Could this be the problem?  If not does anyone have any

Sure. Your system will crash as soon as the first  user-land  program
is running.

See http://penguinppc.org/usr/embedded/howto/PowerPC-Embedded-HOWTO-10.html#ss10.2

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty. You might want  to  mug
someone with it."                   - M. Devine, Computer Science 340