Redirecting printk to a file

James Petterson jpetterson at PARKS.com.br
Wed Aug 1 23:30:17 EST 2001

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 21:11, Dan Malek wrote:
> Rod Boyce wrote:
> > We are having a bit of a quandary we are trying to redirect the output of
> > printk
>
> Don't assign a system console, or bump the loglevel real high.
> Then just use the syslog daemon to move it from the kernel circular
> buffer to a file.  This is all standard Linux stuff.
>
> 	-- Dan
For debugging purposes, there's another option that I've found easier to
setup:

1. Set the loglevel to a high priority
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

2. Open a telnet session to your board and, in the opened session:
cat /proc/kmsg

James