New Linux PowerPC development

Grant Erickson erick205 at umn.edu
Wed Aug 1 07:52:46 EST 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Cindy Peters wrote:
> I have downloaded the lmbench software to determine some benchmarking
> information. I am not sure how to build it for the PPC. I have a cross
> compiler development environment setup in a subdirectory. Can someone
> help me with this?

MontaVista reportedly has this as part of their at-cost HHL kit. However,
I am not aware of any monetarily-free bundles of this cross-compiled for
various architectures.

It's been on my to-do list to work on this; however, my experience thus
far is that this is not entirely straightforward to cross-compile based on
what's in the package at present.

I'm trying to do some PCMCIA CompactFlash vs. discrete flash + JFFS2
benchmarking, so I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Regards,

Grant

--
 Grant Erickson                       University of Minnesota Alumni
  o mail:erick205 at umn.edu                                 1996 BSEE