Qspan driver

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue Apr 24 04:51:05 EST 2001

alex daniloff wrote:

> I'm looking for embedded driver for Qspan.

There are a couple of different implementations of the Tundra
Qspan for MPC8xx in the Linux sources.  You may have to adapt
them depending upon your design, as there are many possibilities.

> I've found only drivers for host or pc not for embedded OS.

Well, these aren't really "drivers", but rather the bridge
initialization and configuration space I/O functions.

> I tried to read from PMC PCI configuration space but I've got Machine Check.

Even for a properly configured Qspan you will get these for devices
that don't exist.  You need to ensure (as Linux does) that you have
a continuation model machine check handler that can return errors to
the caller of this type of access.

	-- Dan