crashme produces hang of linux

Kári Davíðsson kd at flaga.is
Mon Apr 23 23:23:48 EST 2001

Hi,

Once I was exsperimenting with crashme and it was very easy to get it to
crash the kernel, it was always on floating point instructions. It was
before there was
any floating point emulation in the kernel (in the 2.2.x days and you
are running
2.2.14). I have not tried crashme since then but you might want to look
into this
floating point instructions issue. crashme just tries to run randomly
generated
code so floating point instrauctions are just as likely as any other
instructions,
even though crashme itself is compiled with -msoft-float and -mcpu=860.

Then again I might be totally wrong.....

Hope this helps,

K.D.