AW: PPC405GPWalnutPciBusMaster

Stefan Roese stefan.roese at esd-electronics.com
Thu Apr 19 18:07:55 EST 2001

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:44:08AM +0900, Hideo Noda wrote:
> > Has anyone tried PCI cards with BUS MASTER operations for Walnut
> > PPC405GP?
>
> I have tried and failed. I have other things to work on right now
> so I have just delayed looking into it anymore until the 2.0 CDK
> comes out. I think that should be by the end of the month.
>
> I think there is a problem with the virt_to_phys matching the
> PTM1/BAR1. In the preliminary 405gp docs that I have Fig 17-59
> on page 17-62 give a good overview on how things need to be
> setup on the chip, but I am not sure on what the values
> need to be.

Which bootloader/firmware are you using? The pci configuration should be
done within the bootloader. If you are using PPCBoot, I am not shure if the
configuration is correct regarding the busmaster setup (although I did the
port based on the IBM OpenBios). The bus master functionality was never
tested - sorry for that.

Stefan.

esd gmbh
Vahrenwalder Str. 205