Why I can't compile linuxppc using DWARF format as debugging ?

Liu HongXun-a16975 a16975 at motorola.com
Thu Apr 19 14:06:33 EST 2001

Hi, all,
I want to get a debug version of linux2.2.14 for ppc. The debug information should be in DWARF format.
So, I use the option "-gdwarf" to compile the kernel. But that failed,telling me :

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:42: Error: Rest of line ignored. First ignored character is `.'.
{standard input}:43: Error: Rest of line ignored. First ignored character is `.'.
{standard input}:52: Error: Rest of line ignored. First ignored character is `.'.

I changed the optimize option, O or O2, but no use. If I omit the optimize option, the kernel can't compile.
My gcc for ppc is from HARD HAT, which is 2.95.2.

Thanks a lot
Rolf Liu