860 RTC support

Steven Hein ssh at sgi.com
Thu Apr 19 07:07:46 EST 2001

I've seen some discussions about real-time clocks lately, but (I think)
I scoured the list and can't find any basic information about how
to function the 860's real-time clock.  I'm using the real 2.4.3
kernel right now and I don't see that /dev/rtc would work.

Is there a working method (to read the RTC value at boot-time)?
I see references to 'hwclock', but from what I can tell that won't
work unless there's a /dev/rtc available (since 860 PPC isn't
supported natively by hwclock).

I apologize if I missed this info in the archives.  Any help would
be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve