mbxroot.min.tgz and mbxroot.full.tgz

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Fri Sep 29 02:11:04 EST 2000

Dave Pegler wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I can get the minimal and complete root file
> systems from. I've tried from :

Those are fortunately note available any longer and are quite dated...
It is now quite easy to use the MontaVista RPMs from the CDK to create
a root file system to meet your needs.  Just install all of the RPMs
for your processor of choice if you want a "complete" file system, and
selectively install them to create something that meets your minimal
requirement.  There are also some scripts floating around that will
build a ramdisk (initrd) from a NFS root diskless partition.  Visit
the MontaVista web site (www.mvista.com) to find these things.

	-- Dan