Crosscompiler broken ?

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Thu Sep 28 10:58:28 EST 2000

Dag Nygren writes:
> The  compilation of the kernel is done with a crosscompiler
> on an Intel x86 system and strange things are happening:

What version of the compiler and kernel are you using?

> printk("dentry_hashtable(0.5)(addr = 0x%lx) = 0x%lx\n", &dentry_hashtable,
> dentry_hashtable);   /* DEBUG */

I couldn't reproduce this problem.  However, you might want to get into the
habit of using the correct format specifiers.  It doesn't make a difference in
this instance, but it will trip you up eventually.  Use %p to print pointers,
not %lx.

Regards,
Graham
--