NFS problem- neighbout table overlow

Dan A. Dickey ddickey at charter.net
Wed Sep 27 07:48:52 EST 2000

Navin Boppuri wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I have been having problems with my custom board. The NFS mount does
> not
> work. The NFS request does not actually go the server. I dont see any
> packets coming to the server from this board. I did have some ring
> dump
> problems. There were some errors in Port A setting which I fixed and
> that is
> gone now. By I still see 'neighbour table overflow' messages. What can
> be
> the problem?

Navin,
I can't say that I remember for sure - but I seem to recall
this as being a problem in the Linux NFS implementation.
Check through the linux-kernel archives for messages regarding
the neighbour table overflow.  There may be a suggestion
on how to solve this.  I know I remember something about this...
	-Dan