Limon & PowerQUICC II

Neil Russell caret at c-side.com
Fri Sep 22 12:06:57 EST 2000

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 03:05:00PM -0400, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
> >4. I have set IMMR to 0xF000000. Is that correct for limon?
>
> The reset config word is what sets the IMMR.  It has to agree with the
> limon's notion of where the IMMR is.  Beyond that, it is your
> choice.  The EST default value is 0x0F000000 which is unfortunately
> different from the linux convention.

Actually, limon will read the reset configuration word to find what the IMMR
should be, then changes it to 0xf0000000.  If you flash limon and have the
reset conf word right, all will be well.  If you download limon using the
vxWorks loader, then the reset conf word needs to set IMMR to 0x0f000000,
so the vxWorks loader and limon can agree.

Neil.

--
Neil Russell <caret at c-side.com>