getting at bootp IP address

Ben Sapp bsapp at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 22 09:40:22 EST 2000

Hi,

I have a number of MVME2300 computers that boot a small ramdisk with
bootp and tftp.  All the MVME2300s are doing basically the same thing so
I would like to avoid having a different kernel for each computer.  I
would like the program that is started in place of init in the ram disk
to set up the network based upon the IP address that was obtained from
bootp.  I do not know how to get at this information though.   Can I
read it from non-vlatile ram?  Can I send out another bootp braodcast
from user-land and get the information again?

Thanks for any leads.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:bsapp at lanl.gov>   Phone: (505)667-3277