Limon & PowerQUICC II

Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch
Fri Sep 22 03:29:37 EST 2000

Hi

I ordered an EST SBC8260 evaluation board and I finally got it!!!

As always I try to run Linux on it. First of all, I found the bootloader
Limon on the net, cross compiled it and tried to run it.

I failed!! Why??

Questions:

1. Does someone know the correct value of the reset word required
by limon?

 I use  04 38 02 05 for the 8 bit flash / 66MHz
  0c 38 02 05 for the 32 bit flash / 66MHz

2. Does limon run on the 32 bit flash or on the 8 bit flash?

3. I use the Abatron BDI to program the flash memory. Am I right
when I load the srec-file into the bdi and overwrite the first 4 bytes
with the reset word (then write the stuff to flash)?

4. I have set IMMR to 0xF000000. Is that correct for limon?

5. I read in the sourcecode that limon wants to run at 0xfff00100.
Where do I have to set this address? (In the enclosed memory map
I found a drawing sayin that the flash should be at 0xfe000000!)

6. Can someone provide the correct values for the BRx / ORx?
I used the ones from limon -> reset.c!

Thank you for any help

Ruedi