8260 FCC Ethernet driver, cpm_8260.h

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Thu Sep 21 03:26:32 EST 2000

Rainer Kloud wrote:

> But one further question:
> After compelation of your driver I was able to send some
> data (bootp request), but I couldn't receive any.

Check to make sure you are using the same pins for clocks as
the driver has.  That is a common problem.

> So setting the desired events in the FCC mask register has
> no effect!

Well, you have to be a little careful here.  I don't have the
book handy to look up the details, but there are several places
where things are assigned 32-bit address alignments, but only
the upper 8 or 16 are valid.  In some cases, these also have
to be accessed as 16-bit operations on the 32-bit aligment.
One of the reasons is an attempt to use legacy microcode from
the 8xx, which is a 16/20/32-bit CPM architecture in a fully 32-bit
CPM of the 8260....

The code that is posted works on Rev. A parts on several platforms.
I am sure there are some mistakes, but look at it carefully....:-)

> What do you think about this?

I guess I better take a closer look.....

Thanks.

	-- Dan