MPC8xx DPRAM : m8xx_cpm_hostalloc

Tobias Otto-Adamczak Tobias.Otto-Adamczak at e-technik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Sep 21 00:48:19 EST 2000

> > You can place your buffers outside the DPRAM (you can use
> > m8xx_cpm_hostalloc for that).
>
> OK.

Does this solve your problem ? What are you working on, e.g. which
controller/protocol ? What is your HW (CPU, board) ?

> No, I don't use any microcode patch.

On my MBX board the EPPC-Bug monitor loads a patch at boot time. I ignored
that for a long time; I thought I was done with disabling the microcode
option in the kernel config. But I had to explicitly disable the microcode
relocation to get my SPI working.

Surely it would work also with microcode enabled but then I would have to
take care of all these relocation things.

Ciao - Tobias