kgdb/Sandpoint -- patch & help needed

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Wed Sep 20 03:39:30 EST 2000

Hi, Murray!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 02:39:17PM +1100, you wrote the following:

> >... However, with this patch the kernel
> >hangs right after saying "Now booting the kernel". I don't even see
> >how these changes could affect the boot process so early.
>
> Aha! I was caught by this. When you enable CONFIG_KGDB, a breakpoint is
> executed in setup_arch() which is just about the first thing the kernel
> does.

Right, but before calling setup_arch, it prints the linux kernel
banner! Here's the code:

        printk(linux_banner);
	setup_arch(&command_line, &memory_start, &memory_end);

And I don't see the banner. Did you see it when you encountered this?

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh at hectic.net, alexsh at linux.org.il   +-----------------------

NTL have a new network routing protocol as invented for amusing
small children. Its called 'now you see it now you dont' with much
of the US vanishing at cardiff for 10 seconds every minute or so.
	-- Alan Cox on a diary update