no scc_hdlc struct in commproc.h

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Thu Sep 14 03:26:27 EST 2000

Tobias Otto-Adamczak wrote:

> /*********   SCC parameter RAM for HDLC mode   *********/

Just a couple of minor comments......

> typedef struct scc_hdlc {

>         ushort  scc_rbase;      // Rx Buffer descriptor base address
>         ushort  scc_tbase;      // Tx Buffer descriptor base address
>         u_char  scc_rfcr;       // Rx function code
>         u_char  scc_tfcr;       // Tx function code
>         ushort  scc_mrblr;      // Max receive buffer length
>         uint    scc_rstate;     // internal
>         uint    scc_idp;        // internal
>         ushort  scc_rbptr;      // internal
>         ushort  scc_ibc;        // internal
>         uint    scc_rxtmp;      // internal
>         uint    scc_tstate;     // internal
>         uint    scc_tdp;        // internal
>         ushort  scc_tbptr;      // internal
>         ushort  scc_tbc;        // internal
>         uint    scc_txtmp;      // internal
>         uint    scc_rcrc;       // internal
>         uint    scc_tcrc;       // internal

This first part of the object is defined by 'scc_param', so the
convention would have been:

typedef struct scc_hdlc {
	sccp_t	scc_hdlc;

Followed by:
>         // here begins HDLC specific part
>         uint    scc_res1;       // reserved

The documentation describes the CPM devices in this way, and it is
a little more clear what is common to the SCC, and what is unique
to the HDLC feature.

....since we aren't writing C++, I also dislike the '//' comment......

I would have made these two changes if it was sent as a patch to
me for inclusion in the source code.....

In fact, I will keep this and include it in the future....Do you have
any code you want to submit along with it?

	-- Dan