no scc_hdlc struct in commproc.h

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Wed Sep 13 13:21:40 EST 2000

Julia Elbert wrote:

> I did not find a scc_hdlc structure like scc_enet and scc_uart in
> commproc.h.

I don't think anyone has submitted any source patches to provide it.
There has been some discussion in the past......

> .... Do I just need to make one similar to scc_enet and modify it
> according to p.24-4 in the 860 book?

That would be great.  If you would like to submit it as a patch someday,
that would be even greater :-).  What are you connecting at each end
of the port?  NMSI, TDM, custom software?

Another part of your project will be writing a driver.  In the past,
the accepted suggestion was to not modify the uart driver, as that
is a _uart_ driver, not an SCC driver.  You can use that as a model
to create, say, hdlc.c......Then just ensure you don't try to configure
the SCC in both places (and there  may need to be a little knowledge
about each one in every driver).

> Thank you in advance.

Have fun!

	-- Dan